I’ve been working tirelessly recently on my first book “Release your inner hero” a part autobiography, part self help book to aid men in the confusion of today!
I felt that I needed to share this section of the book “50 hard facts for men today”, as I appreciate “ignorance is bliss”, however I strongly believe being completely aware of the dangers, hostilities and dangers faced by men today is a better way to live as you can be better prepared for a more fruitful life!
I have scrolled the internet and just by a simple google search you can see that there allot of disadvantages, hard truths being a man today! However, by being positive about these facts and accepting life is not all rosy for men today you can get on with your lives!
Here are 50 facts men need to be aware of (UK & USA)
- There are now more than 2 genders according to the BBC which is confusing as I’ve studied biology for generations
- Facebooks population is more than 6 times bigger than the USA population
- Instagram has more than 500 million daily active users
- More than 12 million photos are uploaded to instragram each day
- Due to the selfie craze there was more photos taken in the year of the selfie craze than the entire history of photography
- More people own a mobile phone than a toothbrush
- On average 12 men in the british isles take their lives every single day (according to telegraph article in 2018).
- 1 in 5 men die before they hit 65
- Men are twice as likely to be a victim of a violent crime
- More than 10,000 reports of men who are raped is reported in the UK
- Over 2/3 of murder victims are men
- Men make up more than 70% of robbery victims
- More than 95% of UK military deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan were male
- For every three victims of partner abuse, two will be female and one will be men
- Men are more than twice than likely as women to tell anyone about the partner abuse
- There is no refuge or safe house for men in London.
- Every year over 400,000 men in the UK are a victim of stalking
- 1 in 5 victims of forced marriage are men
- The deadliest jobs on the planet are mainly done by men
- Around one million children in the uk have no contact with their fathers
- Men on average die younger than women
- Men go to the doctor less than women
- Men are roughly 3 times more likely to commit suicide than women
- Men are more likely to die from premature health issues related to diabetes
- Men do more risker jobs than women
- Men take more financial business risks
- Men have a higher risk of dying from cancer
- Men are less likely to seek help when In need
- Less men than women go to university
- In more than 90% of court cases asking for access to their children are Men
- More than 80% of improsend people are men
- Men are more likely to be sent to prison and receive longer sentances than women for similar crimes.
- More than 80% of homeless people are Men
- More than 80% of hidden homeless are male
- More than 80% of people who died from homelessness are men
- The government have a strong ending violence against women and girls strategy, but do not have the equivalent strategy for men and boys
- Men are also victims of revenge porn
- Sexism in the workplace towards men has risen
- Men die on the job more than women
- Gender pay surveys are flawed
- Most inventors are Men
- The richest people on the planet are Men
- Most Company CEOs world wide are Men
- Most money is saved by men and most money is spent by women
- Men are the smaller driver of consumer purchasing
- Most men lose control of their finances once married
- In 2012 according to National Statistics roughly 42% of marriages in England and wales would end in divorce.
- In 2017, there was over 100,000 divorces in England and Wales & Men are less likely to file for divorce
- In 2017, there were 8.4 divorces of opposite sex couples per 1000 married men and women. Many reasons for marriages to fail is unfaithfulness, sexless, financial, general unhappiness.
- 7 in 10 couples stay together following the birth of their first child despite being unhappy (according to telegraph 2017 study).
On most blog posts I will be doing video blog versions so make sure to tune into my youtube.com/gmtownsend
For more information on 1-2-1 personal training at my private studio with myself or one of my experienced PTs or online personal training / mentoring (worldwide available) feel free to email me firstname.lastname@example.org